Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thaw

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
- Anne Bradstreet

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.
- Doug Larson

If there comes a little thaw,
Still the air is chill and raw.
Here and there a patch of snow,
Dirtier than the ground below,
Dribbles down a marshy flood;
Ankle-deep you stick in mud
In the meadows while you sing,
"This is Spring."
- Christopher Pearce Cranch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i agree... this is spring Sarah

Anonymous said...

Spring is my fav. season of them all...

So much hope in spring!

Anonymous said...

stupid spring is allergy time.... winter is sterile...

but i hate the cold!! i choose you, summer!

Anonymous said...

God likes the Spring.

Sarah-Aubrey said...

Thank you, wise Phantom Blogger.

Anonymous said...

Oh I long for spring! We are still in Aurtralia... land of fall and I want to see flowers and smeel Toronto smog!

2 more days....

Anonymous said...

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz.
I wonder where them birdies is?
Them birdies, they is on the wing!
That's strange,
I thought the wing was on the bird!

Sarah-Aubrey said...

The wind riz
And then it blew.
The rain friz
And then it snew.

Spring has sprung,
The grass is riz.
I wonder where
The flowers is?

Spring has sprung,
Fall has fell,
WInter's here
And it's cold as heck.